Current Affair 2nd December 2021: Here is the short information about today’s current affair. Today’s date is 2nd December 2021 and the current affairs are given below.
Current Affair 2nd December 2021
Madhya Pradesh CM renames Minto Hall
After renaming Bhopal’s Habibganj station as Rani Kamalapati railway station, now Shivraj government has changed the name of another historical building. Now Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has changed the name of Minto Hall to Kushabhau Thackeray Hall. Minto Hall is the same building where the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly was held for 40 years.
NITI Aayog released poverty index
India’s National Multidimensional Poverty Index is prepared using a globally accepted and robust methodology developed by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative and the United Nations Development Programme. According to NITI Aayog’s Multidimensional Poverty Index, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh have emerged as the poorest states in the country. According to the index, 51.91% of the population of Bihar is poor. On the other hand 42.16% of the population in Jharkhand and 37.79% in Uttar Pradesh are living in poverty. Madhya Pradesh (36.65%) ranks fourth in the index, while Meghalaya (32.67%) is at the fifth position. Kerala (0.71%), Goa (3.76%), Sikkim (3.82%), Tamil Nadu (4.89%) and Punjab (5.59%) are the states with the least number of poor people in the entire country and are at the bottom of the index.
WHO names new variant of Corona Omicron
American and European countries are facing the fourth to fifth wave of Corona. At the same time, the new B.1.1.529 variant of Corona found in the African country of Botswana was named. The World Health Organization has named this variant Omicron.
Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit India
Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit India on an official visit on 6 December. Foreign Ministry spokesman Arindam Bagchi said that Putin will participate in the 21st India-Russia Annual Summit. There will be a discussion on the special diplomatic partnership between the two national presidents and the betterment of relations. Apart from this, they will also review the shared work done under the international agenda ranging from G20 to BRICS and Shanghai Cooperation Organization. On December 6, for the first time, a 2+2 dialogue between the Foreign-Defence Ministers of India and Russia will also be organized in Delhi.
- Which state tourism launched the “STREET” project to promote and take tourism deep into the interior and rural hinterland of the state?
- Kerala Tourism
- Who is the head of the recently formed three-member committee by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on criteria for reservation for the economically Weaker Sections category?
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- The recently released book titled “Indian Innings: The Journey of Indian Cricket from 1947” authored by whom?
- Ayaz Memon
- The Haryana Government has appointed whom as the new Chief Secretary of the state?
- Sanjeev Kaushal
- Which army organization has celebrated its 57th Raising Day on December 1?
- Border Security Force
- Which Caribbean country has officially become the world’s newest republic after removing Queen Elizabeth II from the head of the country?
- Which institution has released the “The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2021” report?
- What is the rank of India in Organ Donation, as per Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation (GODT)?
- Which country has launched the “Future Soldier” modernization plan for their military presence?
- As per the Economist Intelligence Unit’s “Worldwide Cost of Living Index 2021” which city has become the world’s most expensive city to live in?
- Tel Aviv