Current Affairs 28 December 2021: Here is the short information about today’s current affair. Today’s date is 28 December 2021 and the current affairs are given below.
Current Affairs 28 December 2021
Globe Soccer Awards 2021 announced
The Globe Soccer Awards 2021 have been announced. France and Paris Saint-Germain club’s star footballer Kielian Mbappe has won the men’s football player of the year title. Robert Lewandowski was awarded the Fans Player of the Year Award and the Maradona Award. Cristiano Ronaldo was named the Top Goal Scorer of All Time at the Globe Soccer Awards.
India to chair UN Security Council Anti-Terrorism Committee in January
India will hold the chairmanship of the UN Security Council’s Anti-Terrorism Committee in January. After the year 2012, India is now going to chair this committee.
Central Government has appointed Vikram Misri deputy NSA
The Central Government has appointed Vikram Misri, former Ambassador of India to China and expert on China-related matters, as the country’s new Deputy National Security Advisor (Deputy NSA). He will report to the current NSA Ajit Doval. Vikram Misri will replace the current Deputy NSA Pankaj Sharan, who is a demitting office on 31 December 2021.
PM Modi lays foundation stone of hydroelectric projects in Himachal Pradesh
The total cost of the Renukaji Dam Project is about Rs.7000 crores. This 40 MW capacity project is being built on “Giri River” a tributary of the Yamuna in the Sirmaur district. This dam will be able to supply about 500 million cubic meters of water every year.
The 210 MW Luhri Phase-I Hydroelectric Project is being built at a total cost of Rs 1800 crore. This is expected to generate more than 750 million units of electricity every year.
Daily Quiz 28 December 2021
- The foundation stone of Hydropower Projects worth over Rs 11,000 crore has laid down by Prime Minister Modi in which state?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Uttarakhand
(D) Uttar Pradesh
- Which state to establish separate directorate to raise farmers’ income?
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Maharashtra (D) Telangana
- Which state has been topped in Good Governance Index 2021 prepared by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Gujarat
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Mizoram
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, a veteran of South Africa’s struggle against the white minority rule and Nobel Peace Prize laureate has been passed away recently. In which year he was honoured with Nobel Peace Prize?
- Who has won the Sushila Devi Award 2021 for the Best Book of Fiction for her novel “Kintsugi” which was published by the Fourth Estate imprint?
(A) Anukrti Upadhyay (B) Madan Gopal Gandhi
(C) Anujatma Chauhan (D) Anjana Appachana
(E) Prem Lal Joshi
- Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC) has appointed whom as its Co- Chairman?
(A) Umesh Revankar (B) Sanjay Chamria
(C) Kamlesh Gandhi (D) Shreyans Kasliwal
(E) Raman Aggarwal
- Who has bagged a bronze medal at the International Ski Federation (FIS) Alpine Skiing Competition in Montenegro?
(A) Michelle Gisin (B) Aanchal Thakur
(C) Neha Ahuja (D) Alessia Dipol
(E) Shailaja Kumar
- Vice-President of India M Venkaiah Naidu has released the book titled “The Turnover Wizard – Saviour of Thousands”. It is an autobiography of whom?
(A) Navjot Singh Sidhu (B) Prashant Kishor
(C) Jahnavi Das (D) Mahua Moitra
(E) Arup Roy Choudhury
- KS Sethu madhavan, who has passed away recently, was a famous director of which language’s film industry?
(C) Malayalam (D) Tamil
(E) Telugu Sion
- Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with which financial company company to enable
international fund transfer directly to Paytm Wallet?
(A) Western Union (B) Ria Money Transfer
(C) WorldRemit (D) MoneyGram
Answes for 28 December 2021 Daily Quiz