Current Affairs 29 December 2021 quiz: Here is the short information about today’s current affair. Today’s date is 29 December 2021 and the current affairs are given below.
Current Affairs 29 December 2021
PM Modi launches metro rail project in Kanpur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday launched the first section of the Rs 11,000 crore Kanpur Metro Rail project here. The metro project will be completed in two phases and will have two corridors. There will be a total of 30 metro stations in both the 32.6 km long corridors of the Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
First woman director of the National Institute of Virology M Pavri passes away.
Former director of Pune-based National Institute of Virology M Pavri passed away at the age of 94. M Pavri was the first woman director of NIV. She held this post from 1978 to 1988.
Baldev Prakash appointed as Jammu and Kashmir Bank MD and CEO
The Board of Directors of Jammu & Kashmir Bank has appointed Baldev Prakash as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bank for a period of 3 years. Apart from this, the Board of Directors has appointed RK Chhibber as Additional Director.
Himachal Pradesh winning Vijay Hazare Trophy for the first time
Himachal Pradesh won the title for the first time by defeating Tamil Nadu in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021. Batting first, Tamil Nadu posted a mammoth total of 314 runs, in which Dinesh Karthik scored 116 runs. Himachal Pradesh won the title by defeating Tamil Nadu by 11 runs on the basis of VJD rule. Shubham, the young batsman from Hamirpur, was the man of the match.
Two new Covid vaccines and one drug got approval in India
The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization has approved the use of two new Kovid vaccines and an antiviral oral drug. The names of these two vaccines are Corbevax and Covovax and the antiviral oral drug is named Molnupiravir. However, Molnupiravir can only be used in emergency situations.
- The Indian National Congress (INC) has recently celebrated its 137th foundation day on which day of December?
(A) 26 December (B) 28 December
(C) 27 December (D) 29 December
(E) 25 December
- Who has been appointed as India’s new deputy National Security Adviser in the National Security Council Secretariat?
(A) Vikram Misri (B) Gautam Khosla
(C) Syed Akbaruddin (D) Vikas Swarup
(E) Harsh Shringla
- Which country will chair the Counterterrorism Committee of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in January 2022?
- Which state has been topped among larger states in the index “Healthy States, Progressive India” released by NITI Aayog?
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Telangana
- Who has won the prestigious South African
of the Year Award 2021?
(A) Dr Monte Ahuja (B) Dr Ajay Banga
(C) Dr Manoj Bhargava (D) Dr Aneel Bhusri
(E) Dr Imtiaz Sooliman
- Recently, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone of the BrahMos Aerospace cruise missile manufacturing unit in which city of Uttar Pradesh?
- Who has been inducted as a member of the Securities & Exchange Board of India’s Advisory Committee on Mutual Funds?
A) Debbie Driesman
(B) Aarati Krishnan
(C) Vinod Khosla
(D) Lata Krishnan
(E) Ajay Shah
- Which Indian-origin judge has been appointed to South Africa’s highest judicial bench?
(A) Rammaka Steven Mathopo
(B) Nalini Saligram
(C) Chandrika Tandon
(D) Romesh Wadhwani
(E) Narandran Jody’ Kollapen
- Who has been named as the new chairman of Yamaha Motor India Group?
(A) Motofumi Shitara
(B) Yukihiko Tada
(C) Eishin Chihana
(D) Toru Yamaguchi
(E) Tony Chen
- Who has won National Billiards Title 2021?
(A) Aditya Mehta (B) Pankaj Advani
(C) Swaroop Sethi (D) Babar Masih
(E) Sourav Kothari