Current Affairs 1 December 2021: Here is the short information about today’s current affair. Today’s date is 1 December 2021 and the current affairs are given below.
Current Affairs 1 December 2021
World’s highest railway bridge being built in Manipur
The world’s highest bridge is being built in Manipur by railways. It is a part of the 111 km long Jiribam-Imphal railway project. This bridge is being built at a height of 141 meters, breaking the existing record of 139 meters Mala-Rijeka Viaduct in Montenegro, Europe. The lead actor of the project, Sandeep Sharma told that with the completion of the project, the bridge crossing the Noni valley will become the highest ghat bridge in the world. The Railway Ministry said that the total length of the bridge will be 703 meters. The pillars of the bridge are constructed using hydraulic augers. The project is to be completed by March 2022.
Oppo smartphone company made first 5G call in India
Chinese smartphone maker OPPO has successfully made the first 5G VoNR call from Key-Site Solution’s 5G lab in Hyderabad. VoNR is a voice over 5G new radio call that is made using the SA architecture of a 5G network. VoNR provides better sound and video with higher clarity as compared to the simple call facility.
Stubble burning kept out of the category of crime
Now stubble burning will not come under the category of crime in the country. This announcement was made by Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Saturday. He said that this was one of the big demands of the farmers’ organizations that stubble burning should be kept out of the category of crime, so the central government has accepted this demand of the farmers. In fact, the National Green Tribunal on 10 December 2015 had banned the burning of crop residues.
Agriculture Law Return Bill’ to be introduced in Parliament on Monday
The government will introduce a bill to repeal all three central agriculture laws in the Lok Sabha on Monday, stating that a small group of farmers is protesting against these laws but the need of the hour is to take everyone along for inclusive growth. This bill has been included in the list of actions of the Lok Sabha on the very first day of the winter session of Parliament i.e. Monday.
- The Reserve Bank of India has given its approval to Life Insurance Corporation to raise its stake in which private lender to 9.99%?
- Ans – Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Which Indian actor has won the Best Actor (Male) at the 6th edition of the BRICS Film Festival awards? Venkatesh Prabhu Who has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of micro blogging site Twitter?
- Ans – Parag Agrawal
- Who has become the new chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs? Vivek Johri Who has won the Malaysian Open Squash Championship 2021?
- Saurav Ghosal
- The United Nation recognised Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is held every year on which day of November?
- Ans – 30 November
- Which country will build the world’s first floating city, to deal with the problem of floods due to rising sea levels?
- South Korea
- The American publishing company Merriam-Webster has chosen which word as its 2021 Word of the Year?
- Ans – Vaccine
- Which footballer has won the men’s Ballon d’Or award for a record seventh time? Lionel Messi Which state’s Police has launched “Call Your Cop” Mobile App?
- Ans – Nagaland