Current Affairs 20th December 2021: We are providing Daily Current Affairs 2021, Today Current Affairs in Hindi for the preparation of all these exams come to Railway, Banking, Police, Army, etc. They play a very important role in preparing for competitive exams. There are many exams organized by the government in a year.
Government ties up with Infosys to make rural youth skilled
The government is preparing to make about 6 crore rural youth of the country between the ages of 10 and 22 by giving them digital training. For this, the Common Service Center has tied up with leading information technology company Infosys.
The initiative is part of the Prime Minister’s Rural Digital Saksharta Abhiyan, the statement said. For this, CSC e-Governance Services India, formed under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, will run a campaign to make the youth of villages and towns digitally proficient in collaboration with Infosys.
2300 year old Buddhist temple found in Pakistan
A group from the Department of Archeology in Northwest Pakistan has discovered a temple dating back to the Buddhist period, 2300 years ago. In the excavation, Pakistani and Italian archaeologists also found some valuable artifacts related to the temple.
This temple has been found in the city of Bajira in Swat district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. This temple is said to be the oldest temple of the Buddhist period in Pakistan. Apart from the temple, archaeologists have also recovered more than 2700 other artifacts from the Buddhist period. These include coins, rings, utensils and material written in Kharoshthi language of the period of King Minandar of Greece.
Srikanth becomes first Indian man to win silver at BWF World Championships
Singapore’s Loh Keane defeated Kidambi Srikanth of India to win the men’s singles title at the BWF World Championships. Srikanth had to be content with the silver medal. He is the first Indian male player to have won a silver medal in this tournament.
Andrey Rublev won the title of Mubadala World Tennis Championship
Russia’s Andrey Rublev, the world’s fifth-seeded tennis player, won the Mubadala World Tennis Championship title. He defeated British player Andy Murray in straight sets in the final played in Abu Dhabi. Andrey Rublev won the match 6-4, 7-6.
Good Governance Week: 20-25 December 2021
Good Governance Week from 20 to 25 December will start from Monday in all the states and union territories of the country. During this campaign running on the theme ‘Prasanshan Gaon Ki Ore’, a campaign will be launched in the districts of all the states and union territories to redress the grievances of citizens and improve the services provided to them. It will be initiated by Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh.
Andaman and Nicobar becomes the first union territory to have 100% vaccination
After Himachal Pradesh, the target of 100% vaccination has been completed in Andaman and Nicobar. Andaman and Nicobar has become the first Union Territory in the country to vaccinate adults to protect against COVID-19.
- Who has become the first Indian shuttler to enter the men’s singles final of the BWF World Championships in Huelva?
- (A) Kidambi Srikanth
- (B) Lakshya Sen
- (C) Sai Praneeth
- (D) Prannoy HS
- (E) Parupalli Kashyap
- The world observes the International Migrants Day every year on which day of December?
- (A) 11 December
- (B) 15 December
- (C) 19 December
- (D) 22 December
- (E) 18 December
- Which state has launched a “Sports Action Toward Harnessing Aspiration of Youth” scheme aimed at nurturing young sporting talents in Maoist-hit districts of the state?
- (A) Ranchi
- (B) Jharkhand
- (C) Chhattisgarh
- (D) Jamshedpur
- (E) Odisha
- Recently, a penalty of Rs 1.8 crores has been imposed on which bank by the Reserve Bank of India for deficiencies in regulatory compliances?
- (A) State Bank of India
- (B) Bank of Baroda
- (C) Punjab National Bank
- (D) Union Bank of India
- (E) United Bank of India
- Who has received Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award- Business Transformation from The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) based out of Silicon Valley?
- (A) Vijayalakshmi R Iyer
- (B) Arun Adhikari
- (C) Ajay Srinivasan
- (D) Amber Gupta
- (E) Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Recently launched book “Rewinding of First 25 years of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology” authored by whom?
- (A) RK Narayan
- (B) Ravish Tagore
- (C) Ruskin Bond
- (D) SS Oberoi
- (E) Vikram Seth
- What is the rank of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the list of the world’s top 20 most admired men, in a survey carried out by data analytics company “YouGov”?
- (A) 6th
- (B) 8th
- (C) 9th
- (D) 4th
- (E) 3rd
- Social media messaging company WhatsApp has announced the Digital Payments Utsav for how many villages in India?
- (A) 400
- (B) 700
- (C) 500
- (D) 800
- (E) 900
- “PRAGYATA Guidelines”, is associated with which field?
- (A) Digital Education
- (B) Climate Change
- (C) Skill Development
- (D) Voting in Elections
- (E) Environment
- Alexia Putellas, who won the women’s Ballon d’Or award 2021, belongs to which country?
- (A) France
- (B) UK
- (C) Argentina
- (D) Spain
- (E) Yuganda