Cherry Blossom Festival 2021′ begins in Shillong
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma and Japan’s Ambassador to India Satoshi Suzuki inaugurated the three-day ‘Cherry Blossom Festival 2021’ at ‘Wards Lake’ on Thursday.
The first edition of the Shillong Literary Festival was also inaugurated on the occasion. Singing, dancing, fashion shows, local brewing and Japanese and Korean cooking competitions will be held during the festival.
Ministry of Jal Shakti launches ‘River City Alliance’
The Ministry of Jal Shakti on Thursday launched ‘River City Alliance’ for river sensitive development of cities where different cities will share each other’s experiences, learn from and progressive work on cleanliness, river conservation, water related issues among others. Will work on the plan.
In the presence of Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, 30 cities of the country signed the draft of the River City Alliance. Ministry of Jal Shakti, Ministry of Urban Affairs and many local bodies have supported this alliance. The National Mission for Clean Ganga, the National Institute of Urban Affairs has an important role in this.
Praveen Sinha elected to Interpol’s Apex Committee
CBI Special Director Praveen Sinha was on Thursday elected Asia’s representative to the Interpol Executive Committee. Elected to various positions of the Apex Committee during the ongoing 89th Interpol General Assembly in Istanbul.
PM Modi lays foundation stone of Noida International Airport
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Noida International Airport at an event organized here on Thursday. After the completion of this airport, Uttar Pradesh will become the only state in the country to have 5 international airports.
The airport, which will be built on an area of about 1330 acres, is expected to start operations by September 2024. Annually 12 million passengers will be able to travel through this airport. It will also be the country’s first net zero emission airport.
Navy inducts submarine INS Vela into service
In a further boost to the country’s naval power, the Indian Navy commissioned the submarine INS Vela into service here on Thursday and Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh described it as a powerful platform capable of undertaking all kinds of submarine missions.
The Indian Navy is to induct a total of six submarines under the Kalvari class submarine Project-75. INS Vela is the fourth submarine of this class inducted into service. Earlier INS Kalvari, INS Khanderi and INS Karanj, have already been inducted.
Major General Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi elected chairman of Interpol
International law enforcement body Interpol on Thursday elected United Arab Emirates official Major General Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi as the chairman of Interpol at its annual general meeting in Istanbul. Interpol has elected him as the president for a term of four years.
- Name the Special Director of Central Bureau Investigation, who has elected to the top committee of International Criminal Police Organization? Praveen Sinha
- When will the first train under Delhi’s free pilgrimage scheme depart? December 3rd
- India has signed a $300 million loan with which international bank to improve primary healthcare in the country? Asian Development Bank
- Minister of Railways has launched which scheme, that will be run in theme-based circuits by both the private sector and the IRCTC? Bharat Gaurav
- Chun Doo-hwan, who has passed away recently, was the former president of which country? South Korea
- Science and Technology Minister has launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for Children under which program? CSIR Jigyasa Programme
- Who has become the first Indian to be honoured with the Knighthood of Parte Guelfa for his humanitarian and Environmental protection efforts in business and movies? S K Sohan Roy
- Which bank has signed an MoU with Pondicherry Co-op Milk Producers’ Union Ltd? State Bank of India
- What is the name of NASA’s first planetary defence test mission? DART
- Which bank has been named the world’s most important bank to the health of the wider financial system? JPMorgan Chase