Capt Amarinder Singh forms new party
Former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Tuesday resigned from the membership of the Congress party and announced the formation of his own party ‘Punjab Lok Congress’. Assembly elections are going to be held in Punjab after a few months.
Singh said that the Election Commission has no objection to the name of the new party and it will be formally formed later.
Defense Ministry approves procurement of military equipment worth Rs 7,965 crore
The Defense Ministry has approved the purchase of weapons and military equipment for Rs 7,965 crore, including 12 helicopters of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. The procurement proposals were approved in a meeting of the Defense Acquisition Council (DMC), the apex decision-making body of the ministry on the matter.
A ministry statement said the DMC has approved the purchase of Lynx U2 Naval Gunfire Control System from Bharat Electronics Limited, apart from the proposal to purchase 12 light utility helicopters, which will enhance the naval warship surveillance and operational capabilities.
Yahoo announces closure of its services in China
Yahoo has announced the closure of its services in China due to commercial and legal challenges. A statement published on the company’s website said that from November 1, the company has ceased services for users in China.
Yahoo started services in China in 1998 and signed a stake sale deal with e-commerce giant Alibaba in 2012. In this deal, Alibaba got the right to operate Yahoo in China for 4 years.
China has imposed tough restrictions on Internet companies under a new law regarding content and customer privacy, forcing Yahoo to leave China.
Dairy cooperative scheme implemented in Gujarat
The Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the Dairy Sahakar Yojana. This scheme has been started in Anand, Gujarat with the aim of doubling the income of farmers and making them self-reliant.
The scheme was launched by Union Minister Amit Shah during a function organized by Amul to celebrate the 75th foundation year of Amul.
P Valsala honored with Ezhuthachan Award
The Ezhuthachan Award, the highest literary award given by the Kerala Sahitya Akademi, has been given to Malayalam novelist P Valsala.
The award consists of ₹ 500,000 and a citation and is given for overall contribution to literature.
- This year which creature has been named as the New Zealand Bird of the Year 2021? long-tailed wattled bat
- Recently Indian Navy frigate Tushil was launched. In context to same the Talwar class frigates are built by which country for Indian Navy? Russia
- Recently The 5th edition of the three day-long Ganga Utsav has been organised. In context to same what does C stands for in the abbreviation NMCG? Clean
- Recently The 2021 G20 (Group of Twenty) Summit was held in Rome, Italy, under the chairmanship of: Mario Draghi
- Who was the Australian player to achieve the feat of scoring 100 runs as well as take 10 wickets in a single Test match? Alan Davidson
- Under which project, Amazon is planning to launch its first satellites for internet services in the fourth quarter of 2022? Kuiper
- Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase bought which Al-driven autonomous voice agent startup, in its first startup acquisition in India? Agara
- Name the son of Former Union Minister Buta Singh who was also the leader of Delhi Congress, died recently? Arvinder Singh
- Name the CFO of ByteDance who will be stepping down to focus on his role as CEO of Tik Tok? Shou Zi Chew
- The Starlink Satellite Communications Private Limited, a 100% owned subsidiary of_ , opened in India. SpaceX