Current Affairs – 3 December 2021: Here is the short information about today’s current affair. Today’s date is 3 December 2021 and the current affairs are given below
Current Affairs 3 December 2021
UNESCO Award for Conservation of Nizamuddin Basti
The project of urban revival of the historic Nizamuddin Basti of the capital Delhi has received awards in two categories of UNESCO. These honors will be given under this year’s UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards. This project was started in 2007 in Nizamuddin, South Delhi. More than 20 historical monuments in and around the 14th century Dargah of Sufi saint Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya were also renovated under the Nizamuddin Basti Revival Project. This project has been selected for the award for the conservation of cultural heritage. The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has won a prestigious award of excellence in the Nizamuddin Basti project. Also won another award specifically for the Sustainable Development category.
Fortune India list released
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is the most powerful woman in the country while Nita Ambani, founder, and chairperson of Reliance Foundation, is in second place. This has been revealed in the list of 50 most powerful women of India released by Fortune India. The list is followed by Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist of the World Health Organization, third, Biocon Executive Chairman Kiran Mazumdar at fourth and Bharat Biotech founder Suchitra Ila at fifth.
Hornbill Festival organized in Nagaland
Hornbill Festival is celebrated every year in Nagaland from 1st to 10th December. It is organized by the state government at Naga Heritage Village. The festival is named after the Indian bird Great Hornbill. The main objective of celebrating this festival is to protect, revive and promote the traditions and cultural heritage of Nagaland.
Susan Arnold becomes Disney’s first female president
For the first time in its 98-year history, entertainment giant Walt Disney has handed over the reins to women. Susan Arnold, 67, will be the company’s new board chairman.
Sambit Patra appointed as Chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra has been appointed as the chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC). The cabinet committee has approved the appointment. ISS GKV Rao has been made the MD of India Tourism Development Corporation.
- Which state’s police has been bestowed by the “President’s Color Award” at the “President’s Colour Award” ceremony?
- Himachal Pradesh
- International Monetary Fund Chief Economist, Gita Gopinath is set to take over as the institution’s second number official in the place of whom?
- Geoffrey Okamoto
- With the Naval force of which country, The US military personnel has begun the 27th annual Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training maritime exercise?
- Bangladesh Navy
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet?
- Sambit Patra
- Which state of India has won the Gold Medal Award at 40th edition India International Trade Fair?
- Who has been appointed by the Reserve Bank of India as the Administrator of the Reliance Capital Ltd?
- Nageswar Rao
- Which country has recently joined the “G20 Troika”, which already consists of Indonesia and Italy?
- Economist Eva Magdalena Andersson has become the first female Prime Minister of which European country?
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras incubated startup, “GUVI” has signed which women cricketer as its brand ambassador?
- Smriti Mandhana
- Walmart and its subsidiary Flipkart have signed an MoU with which state to create an ecosystem of capacity building for MSMEs in that state?
- Madhya Pradesh “G20 Troika”