Current Affairs 17th December 2021: We are providing Daily Current Affairs 2021, Today Current Affairs in Hindi for the preparation of all these exams come to Railway, Banking, Police, Army, etc. They play a very important role in preparing for competitive exams. There are many exams organized by the government in a year.
Basic Literacy Index released
In the ‘Index on Baseline Literacy and Enumeration’, an indicator of literacy among children under 10 in the country, West Bengal topped the list in the category of “large states” and Bihar at the bottom.
Kerala topped the “small states” category and Jharkhand was the worst performing state in the index.
In the Union Territory, Lakshadweep stood first and Ladakh was at the bottom. In the North Eastern States category, Mizoram stood first and Arunachal Pradesh stood at the bottom.
Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton got the title of ‘Knightwood’
Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton was given the title of Knightwood by the British Royals. The Prince of Wales received this honor on Wednesday for his contribution to motor sports.
The 36-year-old Hamilton of Britain holds the record of 103 race wins and is jointly on top with the legend Michael Schumacher for most championship wins. Hamilton is the only black driver in Britain to receive this honour.
Portal launched for ranking of states and union territories on land acquisition
Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh on Thursday launched a portal to collect data for ranking of states and union territories on land acquisition.
Launching the Management Information System (MIS), Giriraj Singh termed it as a “Development Portal” and said that it would not only show data and statistics but would also show the pace of development in the country.
According to a statement from the ministry, the Department of Land Resources has developed the MIS portal to capture information on various parameters of land acquisition under the Land Acquisition Act 2013 required for ranking of state and union territories.
The resolution passed to increase the age of marriage of women from 18 to 21 years
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday passed a resolution raising the legal age of marriage for women at the same level as that of men from 18 to 21 years. After the approval of the Union Cabinet, the government will introduce an amendment in the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006 and consequently bring in amendments to the Special Marriage Act and personal laws such as the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
Wednesday’s approval is based on the recommendations submitted to NITI Aayog by the Centre’s task force headed by Jaya Jaitley in December 2020, to set up ‘matters related to the age of motherhood, imperative to reduce MMR, improve and level up nutrition and related matters’. To investigate the matters relating to the issue’.
Section 5 (iii) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 sets the minimum age for the bride to be 18 years for the groom as 21 years.
President Kovind to inaugurate Shri Ramana Kali Temple
President Ram Nath Kovind will on Friday inaugurate the rebuilt historic Sri Ramana Kali temple in Dhaka, 50 years after it was destroyed by the Pakistani army in 1971.
President Kovind is in Bangladesh on his first state visit at the invitation of his counterpart M Abdul Hameed to attend the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Bangladesh’s independence from Pakistan in 1971.
- Which fashion brand will now use handcrafted Khadi Denim fabric for making Denim apparels?
- (A) Carhartt
- (B) Recreational Equipment
- (C) Leon Leonwood
- (D) Patagonia
- (E) Columbia Sportswear
- The seventh edition of India International Science festival has begun in which city?
- (A) Panaji
- (B) New Delhi
- (C) Mumbai
- (D) Chennai
- (E) Indore
- Who is the author of the recently launched book titled as “Pride, Prejudice and Punditry”?
- (A) Subramanian Swamy
- (B) Suhasini Haidar
- (C) Shashi Tharoor
- (D) Suhasini Maniratnam
- (E) Charu Haasan
- Which Indian Institute of Technology has tied-up with Indian Air Force to improve indigenisation efforts?
- (A) IIT-Madras
- (B) IIT-Delhi
- (C) IIT-Bombay
- (D) IIT-Kanpur
- (E) IIT-Roorkee
- Who has been assumed charge of National Film Development Corporation, Films Division, and Children Films Society of India?
- (A) Ravinder Bhakar
- (B) Gautami Tadimalla
- (C) Narendra Kohli
- (D) Naresh Chandra Lal
- (E) Neil Herbert Nongkynrih
- Which private sector lender has tied-up with Swift to provide a comprehensive digital solution to clients?
- (A) HDFC Bank
- (B) Axis Bank
- (C) ICICI Bank
- (D) Canara Bank
- (E) Yes Bank
- Asian Development Bank has trimmed its 2021 growth forecast for India to what per cent from 10 per cent?
- (A) 8.1%
- (B) 7.8%
- (C) 9.7%
- (D) 8.8%
- (E) 7.1%
- Which wildlife sanctuary of Uttarakhand has recently been declared as Eco-Sensitive Zone?
- (A) Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
- (B) Pangot Wildlife Sanctuary
- (C) Rajaji Wildlife Sanctuary
- (D) Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
- (E) Askot wildlife sanctuary
- Which state has signed an agreement with United Nations Capital Development Fund to launch “Mission Shakti Living Lab” for the financial empowerment of women?
- (A) Bihar
- (B) Chhattisgarh
- (C) Telangana
- (D) Jharkhand
- (E) Odisha
- Recently, Union government has laid the foundation stone of Umiya Mata Dham temple and temple premises under Maa Umiya Dham Development Project in which state?
- (A) Rajasthan
- (B) Maharashtra
- (C) Gujarat
- (D) Bihar
- (E) Telangana