Current Affairs 31th December 2021: We are providing Daily Current Affairs 2021, Today Current Affairs in Hindi for the preparation of all these exams come to Railway, Banking, Police, Army, etc. They play a very important role in preparing for competitive exams. There are many exams organized by the government in a year.
Vineet Kumar Goel appointed as the new Police Commissioner of Kolkata
Senior Indian Police Service officer Vineet Kumar Goel has been appointed as the new Commissioner of Kolkata Police. He will succeed Soumen Mitra, who is retiring on December 31.
Vineet Kumar Goel is a 1994 batch IPS officer and was earlier serving as Additional Director General of Police in the Special Action Force of the State Police. He will be the 44th Commissioner of Kolkata Police.
Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 announced
20 books from 20 languages of the country have been selected for the Sahitya Akademi Award for the year 2021. These included 7 books of poetry, two novels, 5 short stories, two plays and one each of biography, autobiography, criticism and epic.
Namita Gokhale’s English-language novel ‘Things to Leave Behind’ is included in the list of awards. Apart from this, Daya Prakash Sinha’s Hindi play ‘Samrat Ashok’ has also been given the award.
Awards for Gujarati, Maithili, Urdu and Manipuri languages will be announced later. Sahitya Akademi announces awards for 24 languages every year, at present they have announced awards for 20 languages.
Sahitya Akademi on Thursday announced the list of 22 winners each of Yuva Puraskar and Bal Sahitya Puraskar for 2021.
Three Indian Canadians honored with ‘Order of Canada’
Three Canadians of Indian origin have been awarded the ‘Order of Canada’ for their outstanding achievement, dedication to the community, helping build a better nation and enhancing bilateral relations between India-Canada. It is one of Canada’s highest civilian honours.
Dr Vaikuntam Iyer Lakshmanan, Navjit Singh Dhillon and Dr Pradeep Merchant are among the 135 recipients of the honour.
Amir Subhani will be the new Chief Secretary of Bihar
The Government of Bihar has appointed Amir Subhani, a 1987 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service, as the new Chief Secretary of the state. He will replace outgoing Chief Secretary Tripurari Sharan.
- The Indian Army has set up a quantum computing laboratory and a centre for artificial intelligence at a military engineering institute in which state?
- (A) Madhya Pradesh
- (B) Uttar Pradesh
- (C) Rajasthan
- (D) Uttarakhand
- (E) Bihar
- The Government of Uttar Pradesh has renamed the which Railway Station as “Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station”?
- (A) Hazrat Nizamuddin Delhi
- (B) Khajuraho Railway Station
- (C) Jhansi Railway Station
- (D) Gwalior Junction Railway Station
- (E) Habibganj Railway Station
- Recently, Prime Minister Modi has laid the foundation stone of how many development projects in Uttarakhand?
- (A) 18
- (B) 23
- (C) 26
- (D) 29
- (E) 16
- The Defence Research and Development Organization has selected which company for handing over the technology of border surveillance systems?
- (A) MTAR Technologies
- (B) EaseMyTrip
- (C) Latent View Analytics
- (D) Laxmi Organic Industries
- (E) Paras Defence and Space Technologies
- Which state government has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India & State Bank of India to enable and implement the “e-RUPI” payment solution to students?
- (A) Kerala
- (B) Karnataka
- (C) Andhra Pradesh
- (D) Maharashtra
- (E) Telangana
Which country has introduced a minibus lookalike world’s first dual-mode vehicle?
- (A) China
- (B) South Korea
- (C) Singapore
- (D) Japan
- (E) Taiwan
- Which state has secured first place among the 34 states and Union Territories that implement the Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM)?
- (A) Hyderabad
- (B) Andhra Pradesh
- (C) Karnataka
- (D) Telangana
- (E) Tamil Nadu
- Recently the state government of Haryana has announced to set up the Atal Park & Smriti Kendra in which city?
- (A) Gurugram
- (B) Karnal
- (C) Faridabad
- (D) Ambala
- (E) Sonipat
- Which country has recently become the new member of BRICS New Development Bank?
- (A) South Africa
- (B) Bangladesh
- (C) Egypt
- (D) UAE
- (E) Uruguay
- Which footballer’s statue has recently been installed in Panaji, Goa to inspire the youth over football sport?
- (A) Cristiano Ronaldo
- (B) PK Banerjee
- (C) Sunil Chhetri
- (D) Bhaichung Bhutia
- (E) Lionel Messi