Here are the current affairs for 5th January 2022 in English. They play a very important role in preparing for competitive exams. There are many exams organized by the government in a year.
G. Ashok Kumar became the new Director General of the National Swachh Ganga Mission
Mr. Ashok Kumar, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Water Power, took over as the new Director General of the National Clean Ganga Mission, Ministry of Water Power.
Mr. Ashok Kumar is a 1991 batch officer of Telangana cadre of Indian Administrative Service. Prior to this, he has held several important posts such as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India and Director in the Ministry of Power.
Social worker Padma Shri Sindhutai passed away
Prominent social worker and Padma Shri awardee Sindhutai Sapkal passed away at the age of 74 on Tuesday. Sindhutai is called the ‘Mother Teresa’ of Maharashtra. He adopted about 1400 orphans and for this noble work, he was awarded many other prizes including the prestigious Padma Shri.
Atul Kesap was appointed President of the US-India Business Council
The US Chamber of Commerce has announced the appointment of Atul Keshap as President of the US-India Business Council. Atul will assume the responsibility of this post from January 5.
Captain Harpreet Chandy was the first Indian woman to reach the South Pole alone
Harpreet Chandy, a 32-year-old Indian-origin Sikh military officer and physiotherapist of the British Army, has reached the South Pole. At the same time, she has become the first black woman to complete this difficult journey alone without any support or help.
Harpreet is the first woman of Indian descent to complete this adventurous expedition. Harpreet, popularly known as Polar Preet, made the announcement on her live blog at the end of the 40th day of the journey. Harpreet has made history by becoming the first black woman to complete a solo expedition in Antarctica.
Alka Mittal became the first woman president of ONGC
Alka Mittal was recently given the additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC). At the same time, she has become the first woman to become the president of ONGC. After the retirement of Subhash Kumar on 31st December 2021, he has been appointed for this post.
World Bird Day: January 5, 2022
World Bird Day is celebrated on January 5 every year. The purpose of this celebration is conservation of birds.
Approval of the first indigenous kit to examine the Omicron variant
The OmiSure Kit has been approved by the Medical Research Council of India to test a new variant of the Coronavirus, Omicron. The OmiSure kit is manufactured by Tata Medical.
The OmiSure test kit will work just like any other RT-PCR test kit. Swabs will also be taken from the nose or mouth for examination with this kit. Then the final report of the investigation will come in only 10 to 15 minutes.
Also Read:- 4th January 2022 Current Affairs
- Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of PGI Satellite Centre in which state?
- (A) Haryana
- (B) Delhi
- (C) Rajasthan
- (D) Punjab
- (E) Uttarakhand
- World Braille Day is observed annually on which day of January every year to highlight the significance of Braille?
- (A) January 2
- (B) January 3
- (C) January 4
- (D) January 5
- (E) January 6
- Which drone-maker company will map 1000 UP villages under Svamitva scheme?
- (A) Vaayusastra Aerospace
- (B) Garuda Aerospace
- (C) Dronix Technolog
- (D) Vertical Aerospace
- (E) DJI Technologies
- Which former British Prime Minister and Baroness Amos are to be appointed as members of the Order of the Garter which is England’s oldest and most senior order of chivalry?
- (A) Gordon Brown
- (B) Tony Blair
- (C) Cherie Blair
- (D) John Major
- (E) David Cameron
- Vinod Kannan has been named as next Chief Executive Officer of which airline company?
- (A) Vistara airline
- (B) IndiGo
- (C) Air India
- (D) SpiceJe
- (E) Go First
- India has invited a total of 46 friendly foreign countries to participate in which multinational naval exercise in Visakhapatnam?
- (A) Exercise Varuna
- (B) Exercise INDRA
- (C) Exercise Milap
- (D) Exercise Milan
- (E) Exercise Sammelan
- Which country has tested-fired new hypersonic Tsirkon missiles 2022?
- (A) Russia
- (B) Japan
- (C) China
- (D) Ukraine
- (E) Iran
- Who is the woman representative in the parliamentary standing committee constituted to examine “The Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill, 2021”?
- (A) Apsara Reddy
- (B) Mahua Moitra
- (C) Bithika Dev
- (D) Mamata Singh
- (E) Sushmita Dev
- Vijay Galani, who has been passed away recently, was a famous –
- (A) Producer
- (B) Actor
- (C) Director
- (D) Dancer
- (E) Politician
- Which country has taken over European Union Presidency for next six months in 2022?
- (A) Norway
- (B) Italy
- (C) France
- (D) Germany
- (E) Spain